Sunday, September 26, 2010

OFFF

I went by myself to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival since my good friend was ill. It was crowded and muddy and cold and pretty fun too.

I looked at each booth before purchasing anything (thought I ended up going back to the very first booth that caught my eye).

I really wanted to find a shawl pin but didn't see anything like what I envisioned. I've seen some on etsy which I really like. I did see some solid gold and sterling silver ones but I wasn't willing to shell out $75 for them.

After visiting all the booths, most of them twice, I settled on 3 fibers: one batt of superwash wool, one natural white merino roving, and one roving of corriedale. Since I'm brand new I thought it wise to try different fibers so I can get a feel for them.



They were $5 a piece so along with my Burgerville lunch this was a pretty thrifty day.

I enjoyed being able to go without the kids too. It was nice to get to concentrate and think only about myself for a few hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grenadine Girl said...

Oooo! I'm super jealous! Those look lovely -love the blues

Angela, knitluck.com

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home