Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lazy weaving in for circular knitting

So a few years ago I saw how Pamela Grossman took care of her tail in her pattern Knucks and I've modified it over time to work for me.

For some patterns holding the working yarn and tail over several stitches can alter the look and function of the garment, especially with thicker weight yarns, so what I do is to hold both yarns together for 2-3 stitches and then drop the tail and finish my round with just the working yarn. On the next round I knit the first two stitches making sure to include both the working and tail in each stitch then I pick up the tail again and knit 2-3 more stitches and then drop it again for the remainder of the round. I do this for 3 or 4 rows and then cut my tail.

Here is my crappy photoshop rendition of this technique.












The red is shows the stitches in which the tail is incorporated.

It's lovely to finish a garment and find that you don't need to work in that tail. It also leave a really nice edge .



















I've used the darker purple bars to show you the stitches that have both the working yarn and the tail knit together. See how well it blends in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home