Friday, September 04, 2009

A, B, C, V...

I really wanted to make Ivy a sweater for the season but didn't want to have to buy a new pattern (and also it wasn't in the budget) but I remembered that years ago I made a V-neck sweater as a tester for a pattern that never was released. I searched high and low for my copy in our old computer back ups and through the myriad paper stacks of printed patterns I've got stashed here and there. I couldn't find it. Then I remembered that other people had been testers too. I contacted Abigail and she emailed me a copy. I cast on immediately.

In one night and two days I had this completed






















Pattern: WonderFaux Sweater by Pamela Grossman
Yarn: Blackberry Ridge Merino in Kaledescope Medium Weight Grapes on the Vine
Needles: #7 16" and DPNs
Mods: Added ribbing to the waist and cuffs and didn't do the faux cable on the side (it really is ingenious though for those cablephobic folks)

I've completed a few other things too. I made a dishcloth with the Chinese Waves pattern in a night of Lost watching.















It's pretty long though so it's more of a dish towel...or something.

I'm getting ready to cast on Boheme. I don't actually have enough yarn to finish it though. I'll either make it shorter or hope I come up with some other magic solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home