Thursday, January 04, 2007

Yarn shopping

I had some Christmas money so I went into the yarn store of course. It didn't hurt that they had sent me a 20% off coupon!


I got three skeins of Taos Mirage as I think it would make a gorgeous cardigan for ds next year. It self stripes in an interesting way. Some of the stripes are solid and some are 2 colors because they did each ply in a different color. There was a small sweater done by example in the LYS.

I got the last skein of Kureyon at the old price. All the new ones have gone up a few $. The color way I got is like this one
But you know as well as I that each skein is slightly different.
Last night a friend finished up a great hat with a single skein. It was done in fat cables all the way up. I'm hoping if its done in slightly larger needles I can make it all the way to the top if not I might have some scraps in my drawers, one of the good things about Kureyon is you can add anything to it nearly and it still looks awesome.

I also got some sock yarn. I've cast on for socks 3 or 4 times and have never liked the way they were coming out.
I got 117 but of course it looks way better IRL.
I hope to make some anklet type that will look good with my fake crocs for the summer.
The yarn seems pretty cool, its reinforced and meant to stretch a bit yet still retain shape.

Oh and I finished a sibling hat set, an eye pillow cover and have all but the thumbs and i-cord done on my mittens.

Here is one mitten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home